Image via Lotus Flower Femme.
What Are Kegels?
#Kegels are exercises that involve repeat contraction and relaxation of pelvic floor muscles.
Pelvic floor muscles support the bladder, vagina, uterus, and rectum. If these muscles are weak, pelvic organs may lower into a woman’s vagina causing extreme discomfort and urinary incontinence, which is the loss of bladder control. Men may also experience weakening in their pelvic floor muscles as they age, which can lead to incontinence of both urine and feces.
So, What Do They Do?
Contrary to popular belief, kegels don’t help “tighten” the vagina, per se. Composed of highly elastic tissue, the vagina is supported by a series of mostly horizontal muscles in the pelvic floor. That vaginal tissue can stretch and then return to the same size. Although it may change slightly as you age and after childbirth, most felt changes are more likely due to changes in the pelvic floor muscles.
The feeling of “tightness” during sex is primarily determined by the pelvic floor muscles around the vagina. These muscles contract and relax depending on how aroused you are. When you’re feeling aroused, the muscles are relaxed, making your vaginal space less constricted, or “looser”. When you feel anxious, the muscles become more engaged and “tighter.”
Doctors assert that both women and men can benefit from #kegelexercises, so much so, that they recommend that we make them part of our daily routine. More health benefits include: improved orgasms, assistance in treatment of erectile dysfunction, constipation, diarrhea, and rectal discomfort.
Here are some tips for making #kegelexercises effective:
- Isolate the right muscles. You should be engaging the same muscles you use to control urination.
- Start slow. Squeeze your pelvic muscle and hold for two to four seconds, then relax. Try to repeat 5 to 10 times. As this exercise gets easier, you can hold for longer periods of time and do increased repetitions.
- Perfect your technique!
- Do them regularly… especially on the dick! 😛
You might also like:
- Amber Rose’s Official Safer Sex Breakdown
- How To Fake A Post-O Glow
- The Hottest Sex Position For Your Zodiac Sign